Volunteering In Bedfordshire With Home-Start
Why Volunteer With Us?
There are many reasons why local parents choose us for volunteering in Bedfordshire:
- Volunteering is a rewarding experience – you’ll be directly helping children and their families
- Our volunteers learn new skills, gain experience and qualifications – voluntary work is valuable for your CV, and for many can be a stepping stone toward a career in a relevant field. You even have the opportunity to gain CERTA Credits with us!
- Using your own past experiences you can directly help others and make a difference – we believe in the value of every volunteer’s unique parenting experience
- Help give young children and babies the best possible start in life
- Enjoy being part of a team and making new friends – you will become a valued part of our volunteer team and charity
- Volunteering is an interesting and enjoyable way to spend just a few hours of your free time helping each week
Ready to volunteer for a good cause?
We believe in making a difference to the lives of children in Bedfordshire. Families throughout the area come to us looking for support for all kinds of reasons including isolation, illness or injury, bereavement, poverty or financial issues to name a few. Our community of parent volunteers from across Central Bedfordshire use their parenting experience to give friendship and support in order to help these families back on their feet.
Over 100 local parents volunteer with our charity. In addition to the valuable contributions they make in the local community, our volunteers also benefit from the experience and skills they achieve as a part of our Volunteer Team.
Volunteering in Bedfordshire with Home-Start is a rewarding way to make a real difference to the lives of local children, parents and whole families. If you are a parent or grandparent you can use your unique past experiences and skills to support families who are struggling to cope in your local area.
You don’t need qualifications to volunteer with us, just parenting experience! We have more than 100 parents and grandparents volunteering in Bedfordshire as part of our Home-Start Team, but we are always in need of more! Each week we are contacted by parents with young children in need of our friendship and support. With just a few hours of spare time you can make a BIG difference to them and their children’s lives.
Contact us now to find out more about becoming a part of our Family & Children’s Charity!
A Network Of 269 Voluntary Organisations
Home-Start is one of the leading family support charities in the UK and volunteers are at the heart of our organisation. Throughout the United Kingdom, 269 Home-Starts support 30,000 families and 60,000 children. This is achieved through 16,000 wonderful volunteers like you.
As a charitable voluntary organisation, we want to make your volunteering experience as rewarding as possible. Regardless of why you choose to volunteer, we will do our best to tailor your experience to help you reach your own goals.
It is difficult to overestimate the positive impact volunteer work has on our community. There are real benefits for both our volunteers and the families they support. Some of our volunteers were even nominated for the Cheering Volunteering awards evening held during Volunteers Week. This annual event celebrates volunteerism, local volunteering opportunities and those who donate their time for voluntary organisations.
Home-Start Central Bedfordshire has many opportunities for volunteering throughout the area. If you are interested in volunteering in Bedfordshire, please contact us as we will be very pleased to talk with you! We have many volunteers join us from across the county in villages and towns including Dunstable, Leighton Buzzard, Luton, Ampthill, Sandy, Stotfold and Biggleswade.