Volunteering In Leighton Buzzard
Discover what you can gain by volunteering in Leighton Buzzard with Home-Start…
We are your local Family & Children’s Charity, forming in Leighton Buzzard in 1984. Home-Start Central Bedfordshire believes that every child deserves the best start in life. For more than 30 years our local volunteers have offered friendship and support to vulnerable families with young children.
For many, family life can be difficult. Especially when struggling with issues such as disabilities, postnatal illness, financial difficulties and bereavement. By joining our team and volunteering in Leighton Buzzard, you can use your valuable parenting experience to help make fragile families stronger. Our volunteers offer advice, a shoulder to cry on and practical support in order to help families back on their feet. Together, we can give vulnerable children in your community a Home-Start.
What You Can Gain From Leighton Buzzard Volunteer Work
When we first started in Leighton Buzzard library we had very few volunteers, now we have over 100! There are many reasons why parents enjoy volunteering in Leighton Buzzard with us including:
- Learning new skills and the opportunity to gain CERTA Credits
- Making a real difference to children, parents and families in the area
- Leighton Buzzard volunteer work is a good way to gain useful experience for your CV. Our volunteer jobs could be a stepping stone into a career in health and social care
- Helping to support young children & babies in order to give them the best possible start in life
- Giving back to the Leighton Buzzard and Bedfordshire community. Contributing and gaining a sense of fulfilment
- Meeting other local volunteers, making new friends and attending local social events
- Having a very interesting and rewarding way to spend just a few hours of spare time
No qualifications are required, parenting experience is all you need to volunteer with Home-Start. No need to visit the volunteer centre to apply, contact us here…
Volunteer In Leighton Buzzard Today
Our charity is made up of parents and grandparents of all ages from a large variety of backgrounds. We understand that everyone will have their own reasons for volunteering in Leighton Buzzard with us. Tell us what goals you may have or any other ways you want to contribute.
As a Leighton Buzzard voluntary organisation, we run regular volunteer inductions and training. All of our training is fun and informal. We aim to make your time volunteering with us as interesting and enjoyable as possible. Please contact us today, we look forward to talking to you.
“I would like to thank the dedicated Home-Start team for their invaluable work with families across Bedfordshire. The manifesto highlights the problems faced by many vulnerable families & emphasises the importance of early support before families reach crisis.” – Cllr Amanda Dodwell 
Get In Touch
We welcome all our new Bedfordshire volunteers to join us on social media and learn more about our charity.
We are proud of our long working relationship with Central Bedfordshire Council and Leighton Linslade Town Council.