Home-Start, Your Local Charity For Children and Families
Home is where the heart is. For more than 30 years, our local charity has been providing practical and emotional support. Uniquely, helping thousands of children and their families throughout Bedfordshire. Home-Start believes that every child deserves a safe place to live and play. Equally important is protection from the effects of poor physical and mental health.
We help young children, their siblings and parents in your community. Especially those who are struggling to cope. As a charitable organisation, we offer help for many issues. For example, we support families living with
- Disabilities and additional needs
- Domestic violence and abuse
- Mental ill health
- Poverty and hunger
- Neglect, unsafe environments and more.
Home-Start at the Bedfordshire Cheering Volunteering Awards.
Why Local Charities Matter
There are many vital services that local charities provide across the county. Home-Start Central Bedfordshire benefits the community in a variety of ways; as a local charity we…
- Give direct support to those who are in need of help. Often, the most effective support happens in the home of the family
- Believe in early intervention. We address the root causes of problems for families with young children when they first appear
- Work closely with schools, running programmes that develop children’s self-esteem and confidence. In particular, helping them express feelings and manage conflict. Our charity educates children of their right to feel safe at all times and increasing their ability in safety planning
- Provide training placements for university students who are the future of social care
- Assist other local agencies including the local safeguarding children’s board
- Provide volunteering opportunities for local parents wanting to learn new skills and give back to their community.
All of our work as a local charity contributes to the well being of children and larger society both now and for the future.
About Our Charity